Mold Testing for your family’s health and safety
What is mold?
Molds are fungi. All they need to grow are moisture and nutrients, and can thrive in natural and man-made environments. Molds produce microscopic cells called spores, which spread easily through the air we breathe.
Should I be concerned about mold in my home?
Yes. When mold grows indoors, health problems can occur from breathing spores, and property may be damaged by the moisture. Controlling excess moisture is the key to preventing indoor mold growth.
What health problems can mold cause?
The type and severity of health effects that mold may produce can vary greatly. The most common are basically allergy symptoms, including:
- Nasal and sinus congestion
- Breathing difficulties, wheezing
- Sore throat
- Skin and eye irritation
- Upper respiratory infections
Are some people at greater risk?
- Yes, and they are as you might expect:
- Infants and children
- Elderly people
- Individuals with respiratory conditions or sensitivities like allergies and asthma
- People with weakened immune systems (people with HIV, chemotherapy patients, organ transplant recipients, etc.)
How do you test for mold?
Spyglass Property Inspections’ certified mold technicians will come to your home to inspect and test for mold, spores, and toxins. We take air, surface, swab, and wall cavity samples, which are sent to a lab where mold types and levels are determined. Remedial action will be recommended based on the results.
How often should we test for mold?
Mold testing is recommended whenever you notice moisture or musty odors, experience unexplained allergic symptoms, or have seepage or flooding.